The official news site of J.W. North High School

The North Star Online

The North Star Online

The North Star Online

Jake Paul Vs Mike Tyson

DAZN
Mike Tyson and Jake Paul

Jake Paul is set to face off against Mike Tyson in an exhibition boxing match on July 20th in the AT&T stadium in Arlington, Texas. The fight will be streamed live on Netflix, so any Netflix subscriber will be able to watch it live for free on their account. 

Jake Paul is a famous YouTuber with over 20 million subscribers and a professional boxing record of (9 wins- 1 loss), 6 of those wins coming by knockout. Jake Paul has recently set his mind to eventually becoming a world boxing champion. His last fight was against Ryan Bourland where he knocked him out in the opening of the first round. Many find this fight controversial as Ryan Bourland is currently an Uber driver and a retired professional boxer.

Mike Tyson is a former heavyweight boxer with a professional boxing record of (56 wins- 6 losses), 44 of those wins coming by knockout. Mike Tyson has been named one of the greatest boxers of all time and is nicknamed “The Baddest Man on the Planet” by many. His last fight was an exhibition match with Roy Jones Jr, which exceeded the expectations of many due to their age.

Mike Tyson is set to be 58 years old by July 20th while Jake Paul will be 27 years old, which leaves over a 30-year gap between the two. Many are worried about the physical health of Mike Tyson as age plays a factor in a person’s physical ability, but many still believe Mike still has the spark in him and will outbox Jake.

“I don’t think it’s fair that Jake Paul is going to get beat up by the greatest boxer of all time,” said Joquin Mendoza, a 12th grader from John W North High School. Mike Tyson continues to have the support of his many fans even many years after his last professional bout in 2005 which Mike lost. “Honestly, Tyson won’t be as good, he’ll be slower but, overall I don’t think he will struggle as he is constantly training and takes good care of his health,” said  Joaquin Mendoza.

Many boxing fans around the world will be watching the bout between them but, most importantly, noting how well Mike Tyson will be against Jake. “By the training videos I have seen from Mike, he is still fast for his age but his age could affect him in the ring,” said Anthony Sanchez, a 12th grader from John W North High School. Many training videos are being posted all over social media of Mike training giving fans hope that he is in good shape.

Many fans have one question, “Why is this fight even happening?” Many say this fight will harm Mike Tyson’s health and will do nothing for Jake Pauls’s boxing career. Nonetheless, many will tune in to the match to watch both boxers compete