The official news site of J.W. North High School

The North Star Online

The North Star Online

The North Star Online

Twomad’s Unfortunate Passing

sportsskeeda
A picture of the streamer Twomad

Muudea Sedik, better known as Twomad, was a popular YouTuber and live streamer with a following of over 4 million subscribers on his social media platforms. He was unfortunately found dead in his home by the Los Angeles Police Department on Tuesday, February 13, 2024, which has negatively impacted the social media and gaming community. 

The police were sent to do a welfare check on Twomad, as he had missed appointments for the past couple of days. Law enforcement speculated that he overdosed on drugs after finding drug paraphernalia in his household. His body has yet to be further examined by the coroner’s office, leaving many of his fans waiting anxiously for the results.

Twomad was well known for having an eccentric personality and always seeming full of energy. He became famous for his humorous jokes and his gaming streams, which many fans seemed to enjoy watching. He also gained a massive following with over 500,000 followers on X, where he would post images of himself or miscellaneous items in a comedic fashion.

Twomad’s YouTube history was controversial, as in 2023, he was accused of sexual harassment by another user, who posted several screenshots involving proof of the alleged assault by Twomad

Many people have mixed emotions and feelings about his passing due to all the controversy he has faced. “Although it’s sad for anyone to overdose on drugs, he still was not a great person and did lots of bad things to people,” said Angel Aguilar, a senior from John W North High School. 

Jameskii was not the only content creator to finally open up about the awful things Twomad has done; there are many more all over social media, bringing all of the evidence into the spotlight. Isaias Frias, a senior from North, says, “I used to watch his streams and YouTube videos before he died, but it’s crazy to hear all the accusations that came out against him after his passing.”

As controversial as his YouTube and live-streaming career was, many fans in the community are still shocked to have received the news of his unfortunate passing. Many still share their condolences online to him and his family.