A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder Book Review

The Cover of A Good Girls Guide to Murder

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder is an incredible, thrilling story about a girl named Pip who is researching a murder in her town from five years ago. The case was about a high school girl named Andie Bell who was allegedly murdered by her boyfriend Sal Singh. Pip researches this case because she doesn’t know if the police are giving the whole story. Pip goes around the town interviewing people who knew about the couple’s situation. She eventually interviews Sal’s brother, Ravi, who then joins her on the case to find out if his brother really is a murderer. 

Pip and Ravi go through tons of research and find information that will help them find a true answer to this case. Although this, of course, does not happen without some twists and turns along the way. Both Ravi and Pip encounter dangerous and mysterious people and information which leads them to their discovery and replication of the murder. This book is full of suspense and mystery that made me and many others unable to put it down. 

“I really needed to figure out if Andie Bell actually got killed by her boyfriend because I know that the case was closed, he did kill her, but I wasn’t 100% sure until, you know, I kept reading,” said freshman Catherine Edwards.

The main character Pippa seems to be one of the favorites amongst the book’s readers because of her bravery and passion that continued throughout the story even when there were dangerous consequences. She always made sure to keep researching, interviewing and finding out more information about the case during difficult times. 

“I really liked the main character Pippa because I feel like she really had a passion for finding out what really happened between Andie Bell and Sal,” freshman Catherine Edwards explains. 

Other students shared their opinions on the book as well, “But it was also gaining my interest because of how they pieced together the words and how it all came together in one summary,” says freshman Angelica Harper. 

Angelica also says, “This is not a book I would normally read, it was what I needed.” “…but honestly, I prefer what drove me to keep reading because I had to finish the book to figure it out.” So although she had to read the book for school, she says it wasn’t a bad book overall. 

As shown, many students at North would recommend reading A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder even if this mystery-type genre isn’t generally their cup of tea. The characters and plot were set up well and the suspense drove readers to want to keep reading to find out what happens next.