School Club Rush

North saw a great Club Rush, August 27th, listed below are most of the clubs and activities represented including a brief synopsis of their mission and their meeting times.

Harlequins, North’s Theatre Club meets every Wednesday at lunch in the Theatre with the goal of promoting a love of drama and theatre-related activities. Join in for fun activities, games, and first-look info on North’s theatre department.

Table Tennis, a club dedicated to just that, playing table tennis meets every Thursday at lunch in room 342.

Tree Club, an award-winning conservation and environmental stewardship group meets Thursdays at lunch in room 710. Join to be a part of an award-winning club that really makes a difference for the environment.

Speech and Debate is the perfect club for argumentative individuals and a great platform to hone your speaking and presenting skills while having the opportunity to win cash prizes. Speech and Debate meet Wednesdays after school in room 710 from 5-6pm.

Science Olympiad and the newly minted Biology Olympiad meet Wednesdays at lunch in room 708. Science Olympiad is a science competition group that works throughout the year to prepare for a day of hands-on activities and events. Biology Olympiad works to complete a series of two tests to possibly qualify for national and even international accolades. All are encouraged to join.

Robotics, a self-governing club, meets from 5-7pm on Fridays in 821, the Robotics room, and yearly builds phenomenal, award-winning robots designed specifically to complete complex tasks.

The RISE Club, standing for Reaching Individual Success through Education meets one Thursday per month, usually the third, and is focused on letting one’s light shine bright. Club activities are community service-based and help out North students, staff, and surrounding community members.

OPEN Club, a gender and sexuality alliance, meets weekly in room 703 and promotes acceptance and positivity and the elevation of queer and allied voices. Come in for games, activities, and community-building fun.

The North Star Newspaper has branched out from just a class section to a club this year. We meet every Wednesday at lunch in room 322. If you are interested in writing, photography, or art production, this is the club for you.

NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, works to break the stigma surrounding mental health and mental health-related issues. Meeting every other Tuesday at lunch in room 353, join this club if you are interested in making a positive difference in your community and learning how to better support the mental health of yourself and your peers.

Film and Music Club meets weekly on Fridays at lunch in room 845 and discusses current events in the music and film industries. Join for epic watch parties and jam sessions to all your favorite songs.

HERd meets weekly at lunch on Fridays in the Theatre and works to promote gender equality on campus and beyond. All genders are encouraged to join and work to build a supportive community that includes all voices, especially those under-represented.

Mock Trial meets Tuesdays from 5-7:30pm and Saturdays from 10am-1pm and works on a given case docket. Actors, speakers, debaters, and performers are needed and encouraged to join.

MECHA meets every Thursday at lunch in room 845 and encourages Mexican heritage appreciation. Join to learn more about an incredibly important and interesting culture.

Math Club meets Tuesdays at the beginning of lunch in room 222 and works on challenge AMC problems as well as helps to tutor peers in classroom math. Swing by for help with your math homework!

Key Club, a community service organization, a chapter of a national club, meets weekly Wednesdays at lunch in room 351. Join for great involvement in your community!

Art Club meets in the 500s lower art room weekly on Thursdays. Advised by new art teacher Ms. Nolen, Art Club strives to beautify the school with art and promote the talents of North’s wonderful artists.

International Dance blends together a passion for moving Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 3pm and Fridays at 4:30pm. Join for a dance party!

Hip Hop/K-Pop Dance Club combines two awesome styles of dance and meets every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3-4pm in room 153.

Gardening Club also strives to beautify the school and help to destress North students through the relaxing practice of gardening. The club meets weekly on Fridays at lunch.

Comedy Sportz meets Fridays after school 4:30-6pm and is a sports team centered around comedy and theatre games and fun activities. Check them out in the theatre weekly!

Club Med, a group dedicated to helping students achieve their healthcare related career goals meets every Friday at lunch in room 703. If you want to be a doctor, nurse, or any other healthcare professional this is the club for you.

Best Buddies, an organization dedicated to bringing together all parts of North’s population meets every other Monday at lunch in room 706.

Acadeca, the academic decathalon meets weekly on Fridays after school in room 326 and works cooperatively to win academic competitions.

Some other clubs and organizations mentioned that meet as a sport, during class periods, or that just didn’t yet have information on when they would be meeting this year are listed below.

Law and Protective Services Academy
Global Business and Information Technologies Academy
The Blue Star Regiment
Yearbook (5th period class)
Polynesian Club
Healthy Living Project
Heritage
Dream Weavers
Theatre Tech (class period)
Show Choir (6th period class)
Black Student Union
Ballet Folklorio
Astronomy Club
Asian Student Union
ALIVE Club (Christian Athletes association)
C/O 2022
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
C/O 2025
Boys Wrestling
Girls Wrestling
Swim
Waterpolo Boys and Girls
Volleyball Boys and Girls
Boys Baseball
Tennis Boys and Girls
Sports Med
Track and Field
Cross Country
Dance Team
Golf Girls
Football
Basketball Girls
Renaissance (class period)
Dog Pound
Link Crew (class period)
Cheer and Stunt
Interact Club