The official news site of J.W. North High School

The North Star Online

The North Star Online

The North Star Online

Christmas Cheer In a Cup!

People worldwide get excited about the holiday drinks that different coffee shops release every holiday season. Starbucks, Dunkin’, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, and Dutch Bros re-releases are always fan favorites and their new drinks quickly rise to the top. 

This year’s Starbucks holiday menu consists of its classic Peppermint Mocha and Hot Chocolate. Along with the Carmel Brulee Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino, and the Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte. The new drink they released this year is their Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai Latte, which many people enjoy. For food items, they have their traditional Snowman Cookie, Gingerbread Loaf, Cranberry Bliss Bar, Sugar Plum Cheese Danish, and the Peppermint Brownie Cake Pop.

Dunkin’ has a Toasted White Chocolate Iced Signature Latte, Peppermint Mocha Signature Latte, Cookie Butter Cold Brew, and a Spiced Cookie Iced Coffee. As most people know Dunkin’ is popular for their donuts as well, and this holiday season they have a Holiday Dozen available with a Triple Chocolate Muffin, and to balance out the sweetness some Loaded Hash Browns. 

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf’s holiday menu includes a Peppermint Mocha Latte, Ice Blended Drink, Cream Cold Brew, Peppermint Hot Cocoa, Cookie Butter Latte, and their Winter Dream Tea Latte. Coffee Bean’s holiday foods are a bit smaller than the other shops but they do have Holiday Cookies and Cake Pops.

And last but definitely not least, Dutch Bros. This holiday season they are putting out 5 drinks. The Snow Cap Freeze, Hazelnut Truffle Mocha, Merry Mischief Rebel, Candy Cane Cold Brew, Freeze and Cocoa, and Zero Sugar Added Peppermint Bark Mocha. Sadly, Dutch doesn’t have anything special food-wise for us this year but it’s been said that their drinks are bringing enough joy to the world.

Many of these shops have very similar drinks, which one is the best is up to you to decide but needless to say that no matter where you feel like going for a nice holiday sweet treat, you’ll be greeted with a delicious menu full of different wonderful sounding options. These drinks are only available until the end of December or the beginning of January, so drink up, and Happy Holidays!