MENU
Filed under Sports, Tennis

Girls Tennis

On Oct. 23 John W. North’s girls tennis team played a preliminary match at Andulka Park during which several girls fought for an individual title. Senior Megan Tagaloa, one of North’s very own Huskies was ranked number one in the preliminary match.

“I played very well and just tried to stay even keel all the way across. I am very proud of the outcome of the season [since it’s] my senior year,” said Tagaloa.

Due to extreme effort and a determined mentality Tagaloa was able to advance to the Confederation Interscholastic Federation (CIF) playoffs for a chance to compete for the California state title. Although Tagaloa was the only student from North who made it to CIF, other players finished strong in the preliminary matches.

Freshmen Alison Cocker and Zoey Dolla performed exceptionally which advanced them to the semifinals but unfortunately they were beaten by their opponents and will not continue in the league tournament.

For the 2017 season girls tennis finished third in league overall. Although they did not earn first, they never let the losses get the best of them.

“The matches that stood out to me were against [Riverside] Poly High School and Arlington High School because against Poly nobody gave up. Arlington was a really close match even though we lost because everyone kept cheering and looking at the bright side,” said Tagaloa.

Even though the preliminary round is over North was drawn to play for a wild card matchup against Linfield Christian School that solidified their place in CIF.