MENU

Ghost Walk

Dianara Abarca

The Ghost Walk, held on Oct. 28th and  Oct. 29th, is an event hosted by the California Riverside Ballet. The non profit California Riverside Ballet has hosted ghost walk for 25 years, making this year of the 25th Anniversary Celebration. This event is held primarily to raise funds.

The event’s main attraction are the tours. They are written and performed mostly by students and teachers from various high schools in the Riverside area, including King, Poly, Ramona, Arlington, Encore, Centennial, Notre Dame and John W. North.

Sophomore Amy Ho said, “Being a tour guide brought me close to the action. I got to see all the hard work that the students from various high schools put into their performances.”

The tours depending on their scare levels and appropriateness are given a rating similar to the ones given in movies. They are also titled depending on the content preformed, G for  Things That Go Bump in the Night, PG for Fear Tour, Pg-13 for Nightmare on Main Street and R for Run for Your lives and Riverside’s Reckoning . Each tour has four stops that present different storylines. Students from North performed at two tour stops, both in the Fear Tour.

Junior Ruby Hatter said, “[The highlights of Ghost walk are] being a part of everyone else’s  experience. Since we are only PG we’re not as scary as all the others but it’s really cute to see all the little kids get scared. You build a small little family with [the other performers].”