MENU

Fall Assembly

John Naranjo

On Oct. 21 the Fall Sports Assembly was held in the gym to recognize the varsity teams that compete during the fall season. The theme of the assembly was “Harvest Festival” and the gym was decorated with fall colors and decorations like pumpkins, leaves and more.

Each class was asked to wear certain colored shirts. The freshman were asked to wear grey, the sophomores were asked to wear navy blue, the juniors were asked to wear white and the seniors were asked to wear black. During the assembly, there was a class competition and whichever class had the most students wearing the assigned shirt colors won the competition.

The sports that were recognized in the assembly were girls tennis, boys water polo, girls golf, cross country, girls volleyball and football.

A different competition between classes was “Pumpkin Bowling” where class presidents held a hula-hoop on one side of the gym while participants from each class rolled pumpkins from the other side, aiming the pumpkin towards the center of the hoops. 

The assembly included traditional class competitions held between the announcements by USL. The cast for Harlequin’s upcoming production of the “Mystery Plays” were introduced by the theatre teacher and director, Anna Hightower. Blue Star Regiment and pep squad also preformed in the assembly.

“[Pep Squad’s performance] was entertaining to watch. They’re improving and… changing it up. [Their performance] looks more clean and more thought out,” said sophomore Max Scott-Pursglove.

“They changed [the class competition] because they made you sit down but the seniors were all able to stand up. I don’t think that was fair of them. I wasn’t really hyped up but I still cheered [for my class],” said junior Gabriela Mora.